LoginID is on a mission to redefine how to protect user identity, providing users secure control over personal information through a privacy compliant network. Our enterprise platform consists of three key pillars: strong authentication, user privacy and identity, and uses a combination of biometrics and tokenization. This approach creates higher customer interaction and sales conversions, while improving overall security for both customers and businesses.
We are a team based in the Valley and Toronto, funded by Visa and other strategic investors, and are experts in security, encryption and tokenization. We are looking for passionate team members to help build LoginID into a global leader.
About the role – Senior Director Dev Manager
Working closely with the CTO and VP of Product, and acting as a key member of the technology leadership team, the Senior Software Dev Manager will ensure that the LoginID platforms are built with the best industry practices, and are able to scale with exponential growth. This is a multi-faceted role. This means being a hands-on, highly technical leader managing a team of developers, and at the same time ensuring timely delivery of high quality products. You will be responsible to build new products and maintain existing solutions while making sure the code is maintainable, paying attention to the code quality. In addition:
- Help drive strategy to transform & enhance current platforms using new technologies and tools available that best support the business need.
- Responsible for delivery of high quality scalable security products.
- Responsible for delivering new service capabilities that resolve highly complex business problems and support business needs.
- Accountable for the delivery according to pre agreed timelines and budgetary constraints.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen business user and stakeholder relationships.
- Familiar with popular client and server side technology stacks, distributed databases, and have deployed containerized solutions with Docker.
- Responsible for the application penetration test and bug bounty programs for the offered services.
- Experienced in working within the AWS environment.
- Ability to coach other team members to help deliver their tasks.
- Be a champion to build maintainable code bases.
- A bright technical leader who is good at problem solving and delivery while maintaining attention to best coding practices.
- 5+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with architecture, infrastructure, product, security, and delivery teams
- Working in a start-up environment that operates in a dynamic industry
- Hands-on experience with security, authentication, payments, privacy and identity
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Excellent understanding of the Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience building teams for CI/CD and DevOps Culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science required, advanced degree preferred
- Eye for talent and a history of building high performance development teams
- A true leader – someone who enables and inspires their team to do their best work
- Experienced people manager of productive software engineers with a focus on their professional growth
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information succinctly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
- Self-directed, flexible, goal oriented and strong sense of ownership who embraces ambiguity as the root of opportunity
You have also deployed containerized solutions with Docker and have significant experience working within the AWS environment.
How to apply
Interested in this role? Please email your resume, LinkedIn and Github profiles to email@example.com with the subject line heading “Application Senior Software Dev Manager”.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the USA or Canada.